IP Home Port Home
You are here : IP Home Port > General Ads > Want To Swap > IPY-Swapping ?

Main Menu
Not Logged In
Register
Login
Forum Home
Help
IP Model Info
IP Comparisons
HIN Decoder
Boat Ads
General Ads

Search
 Search 
Search Usernames

IPY-Swapping ?
 Moderated by: Stuart W, Grainne
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 

AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-08-2007 07:34 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Teckelodie

Hi IP-friends,

Something crossed our minds, about a year ago, when we were visiting Florida.  Lots of IP's and such a beautiful area to sail. We, Dutchies, at the other side of the Atlantic,  are used to sail in quite different surroundings.

I am pretty sure someone has tried this before but here we go: We like to offer our IP 35 (1991) to an experienced IP-ownerscouple, who wants to explore Holland in a few weeks, see some of its beauty, maybe search for their roots or whatever...  "BAGAI" is well kept, maintained and in good condition, fully insured and not scratchfree. Pick-up at Amsterdam-Schiphol is no problem and we are available for some initial instruction. As we are not going away, we are available for help and/or advise in case they need us.  Running costs like fuel and marina-fee's are for their own expence. For the rest BAGAI is free..... It is all  a matter of thrust, friendship and mutual -good- feelings....  

The next part of the story is something "vice-versa" at your side of the Ocean, something similar in return, same conditions. We are sailing for over 30 years, of which the last 6 with our IP35 (There are approx. 25 IP's sailing in Holland and Belgium) So, if you are interested, give it a try (and us an E-mail..)

Best Regards, Bart & Marianne & 'BAGAI"   

Posted: 12-03-2007 07:14 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
arc

Model: IP350
Hull #: 88
Hi

We might be the 26 IP sailing in Europe. We have an IP350. We are from the UK but our boat is wintered in Fehmarn, Germany. We have been sailing the Baltic for 2 years now and very fine it its too.

Your message caught my eye because I think I may have been the person you refferred too, who had tried to organise a boat swap some time ago. Our previous boat at that time was located in the English Lake District. Just for interest we had no replies from that message at all.

But I still think its a very good idea. Whilst you can never be too carefull these days as to whom you make contact with, I have found most of the owners of IP's to be pretty genuine people. 

Hope that helps.

Regards

Alan Williams

Posted: 12-03-2007 08:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Bagai

Hi Alan, 

Thanks for your reply...

It's a small world, indeed...  No word at all from de USA but one from this side of the Atlantic. To be honest I'm not sure we have met in the past, but according to my wife Marian's always perfect memory, there has been a brief discussion, years ago, with the owner of Bon Yachting ( the Dutch IP sales organisation) about this item. According to Yvonne Bon someone approached her with similar ideas, but nothing happend really.

Anyway, we might as well brush off the dust of our old swap-advertisement and give it a new try next year. As from the end of August '08  I intend to quit being a working member of our society and hope to do some more sailing. By the way, you did visit our part of Holland (Zeeland) didn't you ? If not, please do so and do not forget to give us a call so we might meet in person ! Living in Zuid-Beyerland, about 4 kilometer away from our "Bagai"  on the northern bank  of "Haringvliet" !

Thanks again for your reply, and don't forget... keep in touch with the Dutch

Bart van Pelt @ Marianne Stolk +31186661766 and of course Bartvanpelt@cs.com   

PS: To be sure: IP-swapping is definitively not restricted to "cross Atlantic" even in Europe there should be a "market"for honest swappers....

Last edited on 12-03-2007 08:16 pm by Bagai

Posted: 05-04-2008 10:49 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
ChrisDewhirst

Hull #: 76
Name: Mistral

My Gallery
Might be interested in exploring a swap.  We have an IP350 in Rhode Isand on Narragansett bay, lot's of interesting islands and ports to cruise into, or go off the bay to Martha's Vineyard.  We live in nearby Massachusetts about 15 minutes from the boat.  I have ony had my 350 for half of last season so I don't know if I am ready for cross Atlantic adventures, but I have raced on several boats for ten yeears and owned a Carter 33 for 3 years before this.  I have sailed coastal to Marha's Vineyard several times, and look forward to exploring the Massachusetts coast this year.  Work keeps the trips to 4-6 day lengths.  Anyway- somewhat interested.  Chris and Cathy

Narragansett Bay

Posted: 09-19-2009 07:23 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Packeteer350

Hull #: 56
Our boat is an IP 350 located in the Pacific Northwest USA/Southwest Canada and would be especially interested in trades across the pond. We would need to make arrangements to do the cross border end of things to help keep things simple, but would be more than happy to work on details.

We had planned on shipping Eowyn to Europe for an extended tour, but with the Schengen treaty, VAT, etc., we have decided to add to our fleet if necessary; a swap would give us a great chance to shop around while enjoying parts we would want to explore more thoroughly later.

Any idea of how long of exchanges would be considered?

Regards,

Peyton

Peyton Perkins
IP 350-56 SV Éowyn
Crescent Lake and Albany OR
Washington State and British Columbia

Washington State and British Columbia

Current time is 10:56 am
You are here : IP Home Port > General Ads > Want To Swap > IPY-Swapping ?

Gallery Menu
IP Home Port Gallery
View All Photos
View My Photos
Upload Photos
Edit My Gallery

Visit The Factory

IPs For Sale

IP Home Port
Yacht World
Sailboat Listings
Boat Trader